Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Instagram of the Week

I search high and low each week (not really, I just browse images tagged #DavidYurman) in a quest to find what is, in my estimation, the best DY-related Instagram of that seven-day stretch. This week's pick comes from @iamalec07.

It's great to see someone sporting vintage (in a relative sense) men's DY, and of all exotic stones to sport, @iamalec07 is working dino bone, a longtime favorite of mine. What, exactly, is dino bone, you ask? Well, it is not--as an uninformed Yurman salesperson once told me--"carved dinosaur bone." No, I'm fairly certain there are prohibitions against the harvesting of said. The stone called dino bone is actually--and this is according to a custom jeweler--"the result of fossilized bone from dinosaurs in which the cellular structure has been replaced with quartz." But I digress.


Not only is the shot composition here excellent, I love the evocative quality of this Instagram. @iamalec07's devil-may-care, rebel-without-a-cause attitude is, without artifice, so plainly conveyed that one can almost feel the cool of the man behind the lens. Yeah, OK, so I might just be that person who, in my everyday life, rails against the ills of smoking, but I cannot deny I love what smoking and, by extension, the DY brand, to me, represent, and that, my darling readers, is freedom. Freedom? From jewelry that clings, binds, and ties? Oh it's ironic--I'll give you that--but the irony has no bearing on its truth. (And that, being subjective, is undeniable.)

No comments:

Post a Comment