Sunday, March 24, 2013

On Doorsteps Everywhere: The David Yurman 2013 Spring/Summer Catalog Is Here

Catrinel Marlon on the cover of David Yurman's 2013 spring-summer catalog
The catalog's cover.
DY leads with cable and crossover bracelets
(and, of course, Catrinel Marlon).
Received last week by all those on David Yurman's mailing list was the company's latest catalog, a 36-page card-stock document featured product and promotional images from all three of DY's "Dreaming in Color" sub-campaigns, which are, in no particular order, Seduced by Vibrance, Darkness and Light, and Beauty Radiates.

The sole individual on whom DY layers its latest collections in the booklet is brunette bombshell Catrinel Menghia (Marlon), who's evidently all DY wants and/or needs in models this season (not that I am in any way complaining). While the contents of the catalog are, for those who read this blog or subscribe to DY's E-mail updates, anything but "fresh" (practically all images have been featured here or there before), the effect of the aggregate whole remains profound. I've said it before, and I'll say it again--this is going to be the season of Yurman.

the back of the David Yurman spring-summer 2013 catalog on which three one-of-a-kind signet rings are pictured
Yurman seems to have saved the best for last.
I'm loving these striking-in-their-strangeness
signet rings on the catalog's back cover.
Which of the featured designs tickled my fancy the most, you ask? Why, the ones far outside my price range, but of course. (Then again, I am a man so the point is rather moot.) I am taken by the beauty of the catalog's back-cover curiosities, one-of-a-kind signet rings whose jewel-encrusted surfaces recall reptile scale. The creations, which, I have to say, don't have me thinking David Yurman, come in at (from left to right) $17000, $20000, and $15500.

Did you receive DY's latest catalog? If so, which pieces made an impression on you? Sound off by posting a comment below or by sending me an E-mail.

2 comments: