Friday, May 3, 2013

What's Next for David Yurman Men: the Mythical

New David Yurman enhancers from the Maritime, Griffin, Petrvs, and Waves collections
Instagrammer @gregmaczko posted this series of shots (see left) to the social media portal yesterday, showcasing what he claims are new and soon-to-be-available David Yurman Men's Collection amulets and tags. Given the geotag on the upload and the fact that four of the items pictured have already been previewed by DY, it is reasonably safe to assume that, indeed, these are all legitimate brand product.

I am not sure how I feel about the direction in which Yurman seems to be going here. DY designs tend to exhibit a timelessness, which these pieces do not, I feel, possess. What is more, there seems a shift in target market. I do not see the typical sophisticated urbanite--to whom I feel the brand regularly caters--being drawn to these enhancers. They exude a certain roughness, a coarseness that is not characteristic of David Yurman pieces.

But tell me: What are your thoughts on these offerings? Is there one you especially like or do not like? Sound off; post a comment or shoot me an E-mail.

UPDATE: Many of these enhancers went live on DavidYurman.com today. It appears all are authentic DY designs.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. Really enjoy the blog. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete