Thursday, January 28, 2016

David Yurman Celebrates Lunar New Year, and This Sinophile Rejoices

Can I just tell you, dear reader, how absolutely, positively thrilled I was to stumble upon this graphic (below) on the landing page for DavidYurman.com?

David Yurman celebrates The Year of the Monkey 2016
Image Credit: David Yurman












Well, thrilled and surprised. After reporting last year about DY's departure from Hong Kong, the last thing I expected was a celebration--albeit in marketing, primarily--of Chinese New Year. But there you have it--a beautifully executed mini-campaign combining DY and the Year of the Monkey, which, for those of you who don't know, begins officially on Monday, February 8, 2016. (Also, for those of you who don't know, I am China's biggest fan. Well, let me qualify that--I'm their culture's biggest fan. Everyone knows their politics are a little, well, questionable.)

So this year, DY does marketing and stationery. (If you purchase for Lunar New Year, your sales professional may include a red envelope and card, the latter with a new year's wish affixed.) I say, next year, they take it one step further. I'd altogether lose my bonnet--yes, that's a legitimate expression--if they were to produce a themed bauble. (You know, DY, although they warmly embrace the motif, John Hardy does not have a copyright on dragons.)

DYguy out. Peace and Gong Hey Fat Choy!

No comments:

Post a Comment