Monday, June 3, 2013

David Yurman Releases New S/S '13 Men's Catalog

You have the right (and privilege) to be awed by DY's latest men's collection catalog, which is presently on its way to stores, boutiques, and customers' homes nationwide and also available for online viewing. In this booklet the viewer is treated to another a showcase of dazzling product, more poignant in-line-with-the-DY-lifestyle quotations, and another series of shots featuring Ben Hill, the face of David Yurman Men for two campaigns now. (He was preceded by Jon Kortajarena). See below for screen captures of the digital catalog and profiles of fresh-from-the-studio DY men's product with, of course, my own original commentary (because, yes, I just can't help myself).

Spread from David Yurman's S/S 13 Men's Catalog Featuring Ben Hill
The shot on the left is, in my opinion, the most outstanding and memorable from the forty-page booklet. (I'm indifferent to the array of tags and necklaces on the adjacent page.)

Spread from David Yurman's S/S 13 Men's Catalog Featuring Griffin Collection Pieces
Yes, of course the Griffin Collection is featured, and no, it has yet really to grow on me. I do, however, love the Armory cross ring displayed in the shot on the left. Retailing for $395, it is one of the most affordable pieces of Yurman out there.

Spread from David Yurman's S/S 13 Men's Catalog Featuring One-of-a-Kind Pieces
I had to include this spread. These are the offerings from the catalog I love most of all. Just my luck, though: They are Signature Collection high-jewelry offerings, which means their high style is paired with an equally high price tag. Ah well. The signet piece on the left page with the lines of green color--the stone is opalized wood--will be mine in my dreams, if nowhere else.
Image of a David Yurman Maritime Ring for Men with White Diamonds
Maritime rope design? Check.
1.29 carats of diamonds? Check.
The price? A fair $3900.
Image of a David Yurman Waves Skull Ring for Men
This new arrival to DY.com practically
demands to be rocked as a men's
pinky ring. It retails for $295.

2 comments: